So here’s how it goes:
1) I manage to get one tiny classroom thing figured out and I feel confident about it being somewhat effective.
2) I suddenly think of 20+ other things that I’m completely failing at.
3) I start tackling these newly recognized problems.
4) The pattern repeats.
5) Eventually something that I thought I had figured out three months ago ends up back on my to-do list, when I realize that my previous “solution” actually sucks, a lot.
6) I reflect on this cycle and wonder for the millionth time if I’m actually qualified to do this job. However, I try to remind myself that to be truly awesome at this job, I’d have to be some combination of psychic, magician, and preteen angst miracle worker.